|A traditional weapon of Hallownest. Its blade is blunt with age and wear.
|A traditional weapon of Hallownest, restored to lethal form.
|A cleft weapon of Hallownest. The blade is exquisitly sic balanced.
|800 + 1 Pale Ore
|A powerful weapon of Hallownest, refined beyond all others.
|2000 + 2 Pale Ore
|The ultimate weapon of Hallownest. Crafted to perfection, this ancient nail reveals its true form.
|4000 + 3 Pale Ore
By jumping and slashing down with the Nail on environmental objects, spikes, or enemies, the Knight can bounce. This move, known as "Nail-bouncing", "pogo-jumping", or simply "pogo-ing" is useful for fighting enemies and platforming. A number of areas can also be accessed early through Nail-bouncing.
In the Fungal Wastes, there are purple mushrooms which the Knight can Nail-bounce on to bounce higher than usual. They must be used as a platform to access the Mantis Village and other locations before obtaining the Mantis Claw, Monarch Wings, or Isma's Tear.
Aside from these mushrooms, there are a few other times where Nail-bouncing is required:
- To obtain a Vessel Fragment in Deepnest by Nail-bouncing on Garpedes.
- To obtain a Hallownest Seal above the Stag Station in King's Station.
- To complete some parts of the White Palace and the Path of Pain.
Several Charms in the game affect the performance of the Nail:
- Fragile Strength/ Unbreakable Strength and Fury of the Fallen increase Nail damage.
- Longnail and Mark of Pride increase the range of the Nail's swing.
- Quick Slash increases the speed of the Nail swing.
- Steady Body prevents the Knight from being pushed back when hitting an enemy.
- Heavy Blow increases the knockback enemies recieve when hit with the Nail.
- Grubberfly's Elegy launches a short-range projectile if the Nail is swung at full health.
- Main article: Dream Nail
The Dream Nail is an Ability given to the Knight by the Seer in the Resting Grounds. It allows the Knight to do various things including accessing the Dream Realm and striking creatures with it to collect SOUL or read their minds.
- Upgrading the Nail does not change its appearance in the Knight's sprites.
- Some enemies wield greatnails and nail-lances; however, the Knight can wield neither.
- Some enemies' health changes when upgrading the Nail.